O’Malley, Harvey & Brosnan is currently looking to fill the following positions:
O’Malley, Harvey, and Brosnan LLP is currently seeking a full-time (40 hr/wk) Litigation Paralegal to support our team across a wide range of matters relating to civil litigation, construction law, and insurance disputes. You will be part of a group of talented legal professionals and will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects for a diverse portfolio of clients.
Candidates should be highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to successfully manage multiple projects. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required. Paralegal certificate from ABA-accredited program a plus. No prior experience necessary.
Please provide a resume and cover letter.
- Assist with basic legal research, including: locating cases, statutes and regulatory materials, and conducting research via both public and private search engines (e.g., LexisNexis).
- Maintain accurate daily timekeeping records.
- Assist with and manage the discovery process, including: preparing for depositions, responding to written discovery, and preparing for expert discovery.
- Oversee and conduct reviews of document productions, medical records, and keeper of records responses.
- Perform and oversee both simple and complex authority and fact cite-checking, including confirming case quotes, and proofreading briefs and other legal documents.
- Draft common pleadings, motions, notices, and other court filings.
- Familiarize oneself with federal and state rules of procedure and evidence for document formatting, content, filing, etc., and ensure compliance with those rules.
- Assist with law and motion practice, assemble motion papers and exhibits, and coordinate filings of pleadings and briefs to ensure proper service.
- Assist with and manage trial preparations, organize exhibits, coordinate witness schedules, maintain trial calendars and communicate effectively with opposing counsel and courtroom staff.
- Assist in preparation of post-trial filings including briefing, motions for costs and sanctions, etc., as well as organizing the case for appeal if necessary.
- Support other department activities as needed, and perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and deadlines
- Strong organizational and calendaring capabilities
- Ability to work in a team environment and with all levels of employees
- Proficiency in computer legal research
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required
- Prior Paralegal experience is preferred but not required
- Paralegal certificate is encouraged but not required
- Notary public or willingness to become one upon joining
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Paid time off
- Employee health plan
- On-site parking
To apply please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]